The Crivitz Recreation Association is a gathering of business interests dedicated to promoting the area and the resources it offers, as well as representing and promoting the interests of it’s membership and those that vacation and recreate here. Our history goes back some 70 years.
We have a display at the Milwaukee Sports Show and other shows, stock and maintain the Tourist Information Booth in downtown Crivitz, maintain billboards on US Highway 141, put up those white arrows that direct you to various destinations, and conduct a variety of other promotions. Current projects include another information station on the triangle in Crivitz at 141 and A, and our own regional sports show coming up soon.
In addition to promoting ourselves, we also promote the many fun things there are to do in the area. Many of our members are also members of the local snowmobile and ski clubs, or are involved in whitewater rafting, fishing, hunting and other recreation related activities. We are also leaders in the efforts to preserve the WPS lands around Caldron Falls and High Falls Flowages, bringing together interested parties and supporting the effort to preserve this magnificent land for future generations. Our members include people involved in many aspects of recreation with similar goals.
- Literature distribution at the information hut in downtown Crivitz, the various sports shows, and other events that we attend. We get a lot of brochures and informational material into interested people’s hands.
- A unified voice for recreation oriented business in the region. This helps in Madison and beyond when important issues affecting recreation or business arise. It is impressive to have the clear majority of a region’s business leaders united in a single voice.
- Group and co-operative advertising in many magazines, maps, and other media cuts costs and exponentially increases exposure.
- Access to various tourism and related grants, programs and other benefits afforded a non-profit organization.
- The various other benefits that come from a group buying organization. For example, a group health policy has been discussed recently.
- Provide the “CRIVITZ” sign on U.S. Hwy 141 at Abrams
- Publish over 20,000 maps annually with your business information listed on them
- Distribute maps throughout the state to official tourist information centers at Beloit, Genoa City, Hudson, Hurley, Kenosha, Kieler, LaCross, Madison, Prairie du Chien & Superior
- Supply maps upon request to the following locations: Kohler Company, Phillips, WI, City of Chicago, and librairies in Appleton, Eau Claire, Stevens Point and Wauwatosa
- Distribute maps regularly to the folowing information centers in Marinette and Oconto Counties: Tourist Booth in Crivitz, Crivitz Library, Crivitz Bakery, D & G Amoco-Coleman, Christopher’s-Coleman, Corner Convenience(W & Parkway), Northland MiniMart
Maps are also distributed to anyone requesting information from the Marinette Chamber of Commerce through their toll-free number.
Poles for arrows are provided at the following locations in our area for directional purposes:
- The end of Henriette St (A) in Crivitz
- Cty A and Newton Lake Rd
- Cty W and Outlet Rd
- Cty X and Kottke Rd
- Cty X and Deer Lake Rd.
- Cty X and Parkway Rd
Members are responsible for purchasing arrows at Wausaukee Enterprises and putting the arrows up on the poles (Deck screws only please)
The Crivitz Recreation Association also strives to create events to bring tourism into the area in the “off” seasons and weekends. We continually contact television stations and newspapers with information about the area, provide an 800 number to give free information about the area, provide co-op advertising possibilities to you in cooperation with Marinette County, and work with the Crivitz Business Association on numerous projects to further our community.